- Jets fall to Caps: Ovechkin, Laine put on show but Kuznetsov snipes OT winner for Washington.
- Hardware haul: Brian McKeever becomes Canada's most decorated winter Paralympian
- Doug Brown: Bombers can't afford to miss out on Muamba
- Crusaders three-peat: St. Paul's claims third straight provincial high school hockey title with 4-1 win against Sturgeon Heights Huskies.
- Golden Knights edge Flyers: Las Vegas goaltender Fleury registers 400th win in 3-2 victory in Philadelphia.
- Sens stop Panthers' streak: Duchene, Pajaarvi pot two goals apiece as Ottawa ends Florida's eight-game home win streak.
What we're reading
- Jeff Blair: Why Vladimir Guerrero Jr. should flourish in his father’s shadow
- Tigermania in top form: The sight of Woods in contention on Sunday, clad in his traditional red shirt and black pants, was reminiscent of his heyday
- On the hot seat: As Capitals vie for division crown, Barry Trotz’s status remains uncertain
In case you missed it
- Rebounding for life: U of W student stunned doctors by returning to basketball court 192 days after horrific near-fatal stabbing
- Rare double: Brad Gushue wins second straight Canadian men's curling championship
What to watch
- NHL: The Jets wrap up their six-game road trip in Nashville vs the Predators / 7 pm / TSN3
Let's look ahead
- Elite 10: The St. James Civic Centre will host the world’s best men’s curlers this week as the fifth event of the 2017-18 Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling season rolls into town. Starting Thursday and wrapping up Sunday, the event includes PyeongChang 2018 gold-medallist Team Shuster (Duluth, USA) and Canada’s Olympic team Team Koe (Calgary). Winnipeg’s Team Carruthers, Team Gunnlaugson and Team McEwen will also be part of the action
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.