Germany's Oliver Mebus battles with Canada's Ryan O'Reilly.Five to watch: Jeff Hamilton highlights a few players as Bombers' rookie camp gets underway.
- Jets want wins in Vegas: Winnipeg wants to returning to winning ways on the Strip after dropping Game 2 at home against Golden Knights.
- Canada shuts out Germany: Canada prepares for Thursday's quarter-final game against Russia by defeating German squad 3-0 in final round-robin game at world hockey championship.
- Lightning zap Caps: Washington's lead in East final cut to 2-1 as Tampa Bay takes Game 3 by 4-2 score.
- Mets crush Blue Jays: pitcher Syndergaard gets win, two RBIs as New York runs roughshod over Toronto in 12-2 rout.
- Celtics 2-0 vs. Cavs: Boston beats Cleveland 107-94 to lead Eastern Conference final 2-0 heading into Saturday's Game 3 in Cleveland.
What we're reading
Vegas Golden Knights' Jonathan Marchessault, left with goalie Marc-Andre Fleury.Walk the talk: Big heart and big skill turning Jonathan Marchessault into playoff hero
- Shining bright: Baseball has never seen a prospect like Vladimir Guerrero Jr. The Blue Jays' 19-year-old prodigy is the perfect storm of social media access, nostalgia and baseball skill. He's an unprecedented star in the making
- Matt Millen Fights For His Life: ‘It’s Getting Late. We Need a Big Stop’
In case you missed it
- Doug Brown: Bombers threw sinking Durant a lifeline, and he set fire to it
- Paul Wiecek: Battle between the pipes heats up in Game 2
What to watch
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman.Game 3: The Winnipeg Jets are in Vegas to take on the Golden Knights with the best-of-seven Western Conference final tied 1-1 / 8 pm / CBC and Sportsnet
- MLB: The Toronto Blue Jays play the middle game of a three-game Interleague series vs the Mets in New York / 6 pm / Sportsnet
Let's look ahead
- Boys in blue: The Bombers will open rookie camp today with main training camp opening on Sunday.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.