- Bombers sent packing: players say goodbyes after semifinal loss, knowing some teammates won't be back.
- Jets can't rest: no game's a gimmee in today's NHL, team recognizes as cellar-dweller Coyotes come to town.
- Wheat King's second chance: Ty Lewis signs with Avalanche after being passed over in NHL draft for second time.
- Panthers crush Dolphins: Carolina piles up franchise-record 548 yards in 45-21 route of Miami.
- Teravainen sinks Stars: Hurricanes centre scores natural hat trick in third in 5-3 win.
- Flames catch fire: Calgary finishes 5-2 on season-long home stand with 7-4 win against St. Louis Blues.
What we're reading
- Paul Kariya - What if?: We're left to wonder what could have been for a player whose career was cut short by concussions and who played in the Dead Puck Era
- Potent pairing: Odd couple Teemu Selanne-Paul Kariya connecting once again with Hockey Hall of Fame induction
- Jeff Blair: Step 1 of Blue Jays’ off-season plan... Don’t turtle on Shohei Otani
What to watch
- NHL: The Winnipeg Jets play the first of three at home this week tonight when they face the Arizona Coyotes / 7 pm / TSN3
In case you missed it
- Paul Wiecek: Another wrong call from O'Shea
- Strip tease: Sin City's most seductive street draws millions of thrill seekers... and some hockey fans
Let's look ahead
- Moose call: The local AHL team is home after a six-game trip out west and plays a pair of two-game series at Bell MTS Place this week — Wednesday and Friday vs Chicago and then Sunday and Tuesday vs Laval.
- Bombers Report: QB Matt Nichols chats with media on garbage bag day
- Jets Report: Mathieu Perreault chats about his potential return to the lineup
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.