Winnipeg Goldeyes celebrate a 3-1 series win over the Lincoln Saltdogs.Welcome back: Patrik Laine was back on a Winnipeg rink Tuesday, looking a bit bigger — “Four or five kilos, that’s pretty good for me,” he said.
- Payback: The Pete Rose Jr.-led Wichita Wingnuts are looking for revenge after losing to the Winnipeg Goldeyes in the final one year ago.
- Not back: Kevin Glenn remains day-to-day after Banjo Bowl injury, may not play vs. Hamilton.
- Twenty!: The Cleveland Indians became the third team since 1900 to win at least 20 in a row, thanks to Corey Kluber’s shutout.
- 20-20: Mookie Betts hit two bombs to become the first Red Sox player with consecutive 20-HR 20-SB seasons.
- Four!: It’s not 20 but the cellar-dwelling Blue Jays managed to win their fourth in a row on a walkoff
What we're reading
San Francisco Giants' celebrate a home run against the Los Angeles Dodgers.Build it and they should come: Seattle arena deal makes addition of another NHL expansion franchise a no-brainer
- Build it like that and they won't come: The 49ers' stadium is as empty as it deserves to be
- Weirdest. Season. Ever: The Dodgers' potentially fatal flaw — and the teams that could exploit it
What to watch
- MLB: The Toronto Blue Jays wrap up a three-game series at home vs the Baltimore Orioles / 6 pm / Sportsnet
In case you missed it
Tyler MyersComeback season: Towering Tyler Myers primed and ready for training camp
- Doug Brown: Bombers' fake punt return was the real deal
Let's look ahead
- Ice time: The Winnipeg Jets will open training camp on Friday and will play their first pre-season game of the season the following Monday (Sept. 18) when they host the Minnesota Wild.
- Bye bye: The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are off for a week after their game against the Riders. They're back in action on Friday, Sept. 22 when they host the Ottawa Redblacks.
- Jets Report: Jets centre Mark Scheifele is setting a high bar for the upcoming season
- Grip it and rip it: Training with the strongest man in golf
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.