Manitobans will be heading to the polls on Sept. 10 to decide who will be their new premier and MLAs, one year earlier than expected.
According to Elections Manitoba — as of June 21, prospective candidates for each electoral district in southeast Winnipeg were as follows:
• Lagimodière: Andrew Smith (PC);
• Riel: Rochelle Squires (Incumbent — PC), Michael Moyes (NDP);
• Seine River: Janice Morley-Lecomte (Incumbent — PC), Durdana Islam (NDP);
• Southdale: Audrey Gordon (PC), Karen Myshkowsky (NDP);
• St. Boniface: Dougald Lamont (Incumbent — Lib);
• St. Vital: Colleen Mayer (Incumbent — PC), Jamie Moses (NDP), Jeffrey Anderson (Lib).
Smith — who is current the MLA for Southdale — is now running in the new electoral district of Lagimodière, which includes the growing community of Sage Creek.
By law, campaigning cannot officially begin until 28 to 35 days before the vote.
Go online at www.electionsmanitoba.ca for more information.