Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 11/9/2017 (1422 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The University of Winnipeg’s newest addition, Leatherdale Hall, is seeing its first fall semester as students head back to class. The hall is connected to Convocation Hall in the U of W Collegiate, and houses historic Tony’s Canteen, named after Tony Kozyra. Before his death in 1965, Kozyra was known for keeping the canteen open late for students who were studying and offering free cups of coffee when tuition was due. The hall today was made possible through a $2.5-million donation by the late Douglas Leatherdale and his wife Louise.
Photos by Alana Trachenko