Man convicted of sharing explicit images charged in second incident

Advertisement

Advertise with us

A Brandon man who’s serving time for uploading sexually explicit videos of his pregnant ex to a porn site without her consent has been charged with similar allegations involving a second woman.

Read this article for free:


or

Already have an account? Log in here »

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Subscribe and receive a limited-edition Free Press branded hat or tote.

Digital Subscription

One year of digital access for only $205*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles
Start now

*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/03/2025 (514 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

A Brandon man who’s serving time for uploading sexually explicit videos of his pregnant ex to a porn site without her consent has been charged with similar allegations involving a second woman.

The man, 36, was first charged with making intimate imagery available without consent in 2021.

Provincial court Judge Shauna Hewitt-Michta convicted him last year after his trial; in February, he was sentenced to nine months in custody and two years of probation.

He can’t be named, under court order, to protect the identity of his victim.

The Brandon Police Service said Thursday a different woman has reported a similar incident.

Crown prosecutors authorized charges and the man was arrested on Wednesday and charged with distributing intimate images. He’s next due in court on May 22.

Brandon police allege the man published “several” intimate videos involving the two women between March 2015 and October 2020.

In the first case, the victim testified she learned that intimate videos of her and her former partner had been posted on Pornhub when she was sent a link by the accused in August 2020.

She told court she had consented to filming the videos but did not consent to them being posted online.

fpcity@freepress.mb.ca

Report Error Submit a Tip

Local

LOAD LOCAL ARTICLES