Lorne Michaels apologizes for John Mulaney having to cancel another Toronto show
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 06/02/2020 (2390 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
TORONTO – “Saturday Night Live” creator Lorne Michaels is apologizing to his “fellow Canadians” for recruiting comedian John Mulaney for his show later this month, forcing him to cancel a Toronto appearance for a third time.
“SNL” has revealed that Mulaney will guest host on Feb. 29, which means he can no longer perform his previously scheduled two standup shows as part of the JFL42 comedy festival in Toronto on Feb. 28.
Those shows have been rescheduled to April 10.
This is the third time Mulaney, who used to write for “SNL,” has had to postpone his JFL42 appearance since September.
In a Twitter post, the American Emmy Award winner said he’s “terribly sorry to move the show again.”
He also posted a comical letter from Michaels, in which the Toronto-raised producer says Mulaney is “simply doing his duty, and there is nothing more Canadian than that.”
“I think considering the state of affairs that this country is in, the need for John is greater in New York right now,” Michaels said in the letter, which is addressed to “My Fellow Canadians” and ends with “My apologies.”
Mulaney first had to postpone a performance at JFL42 set for Sept. 22.
He rescheduled that show to Jan. 18 but a snow storm hit the city, preventing him from flying in.
That’s when he rescheduled to Feb. 28, which has now been put over to April 10.
“I will be there no matter what. I love you Toronto,” Mulaney said on Twitter. “Also I’m afraid of Lorne so I do what he says.”