At least 8 Bombers set to become free agents

Advertisement

Advertise with us

Winnipeg Blue Bombers GM Kyle Walters says at least eight veteran Bombers players -- including starters Demond Washington, Selvish Capers, Cameron Marshall, Lirim Hajrullahu and Nick Moore --are expected to become free agents next Tuesday.

Read this article for free:

or

Already have an account? Log in here »

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Monthly Digital Subscription

$0 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*No charge for 4 weeks then price increases to the regular rate of $19.00 plus GST every four weeks. Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.

Monthly Digital Subscription

$4.75/week*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*Billed as $19 plus GST every four weeks. Cancel any time.

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles
Start now

No thanks

*Your next subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $16.99 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $23.99 plus GST every four weeks.

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 05/02/2016 (3585 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers GM Kyle Walters says at least eight veteran Bombers players — including starters Demond Washington, Selvish Capers, Cameron Marshall, Lirim Hajrullahu and Nick Moore –are expected to become free agents next Tuesday.

CFL free agency opens next Tuesday at 11 a.m. and Walters told reporters at a news conference Friday morning that nom-import linebacker Graig Newman is the only player among Winnipeg’s nine pending free agents who the club is still in active contract talks with.

The rest, says Walters, are expected to join a massive 2016 free agent class next week that is bigger than any in recent memory.

John Woods / The Canadian Press
Winnipeg Blue Bombers kicker Lirim Hajrullahu missed four field-goal attempts.
John Woods / The Canadian Press Winnipeg Blue Bombers kicker Lirim Hajrullahu missed four field-goal attempts.

“I’ve had discussions with Graig’s agent,” said Walters. “He’s the one I anticipate, when you go through all those names, Graig will be the one who I’ve still had some discussions with. And I think we’ll take the weekend and sort it out and see if the numbers are a good fit or he’s going to go.”

Walters also said that veteran offensive line coach Bob Wylie is also expected to return for a third straight season with the Bombers in 2016.

And Walters provided a condition update on veteran Winnipeg linebacker Chris Randle, who had season ending knee surgery last year. Walters said Randle is recovering on schedule and is expected to be ready for the start of the 2016 season, but will be brought along cautiously through training camp.

 

paul.wiecek@freepress.mb.ca

@PaulWiecek

History

Updated on Friday, February 5, 2016 11:58 AM CST: Updates

Report Error Submit a Tip

Bomber Report

LOAD MORE