Separate assaults on guards at The Forks
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 03/10/2023 (1053 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Winnipeg police were sent to a series of violent incidents over the weekend and Monday, including separate assaults on security guards at The Forks.
In the first incident, at about 10:30 p.m. Friday, patrol officers were sent to the Forks Market building, where two security guards reported being attacked with bear spray by a group of teens who ran off, police said Tuesday.
Officers found two suspects nearby and seized a can of bear spray and a machete. A 14-year-old boy will be charged in court with weapons offences but was released on an undertaking.
ETHAN CAIRNS / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS FILES
Winnipeg police were called to two separate assaults on security guards at The Forks.
At about 9 p.m. Saturday, police were alerted to a man who arrived at a city hospital with stab wounds, police said.
The man, in his 50s, was treated for serious injuries, police said, before his condition was upgraded. Police said it’s believed he was stabbed near Vimy Ridge Park in the Wolseley neighbourhood. No arrests have been made.
At about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, patrol officers were again sent to The Forks Market area for a reported robbery.
Two security guards told officers they had been confronted and assaulted by three or four men. One of the guards was robbed of his phone and was taken to hospital in stable condition, police said.
Officers found two suspects in their 20s, who will be charged in court with assault and robbery, but both were released on undertakings.
At about 1 p.m. Sunday, patrol and tactical officers were sent to the 600 block of Pritchard Avenue after a report of a shooting.
Officers found a man in his 30s with gunshot wounds. He was taken to hospital in unstable condition, where he was stabilized. Police have made no arrests.
At about 11:15 a.m. Monday, police were sent to the 500 block of Langside Street, where they found a woman in her 40s who had been stabbed. Police said she was taken to hospital in unstable condition, where her condition was upgraded. Police have not made any arrests.