Ontario Superior Court approves class-action suit against Barrick
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
TORONTO – A Toronto law firm says the Ontario Superior Court of Justice has approved a class-action lawsuit against Barrick Mining Corp., then known as Barrick Gold.
Rochon Genova LLP says Barrick shareholders are seeking damages for alleged securities misrepresentations related to the Pascua Lama mine project located in the high Andes region of Chile and Argentina.
The claims relate to Barrick’s compliance with its environmental permit and the projects capital expenditure estimates and schedule to first gold.
None of the claims has been tested in court.
Barrick in February named Mark Hill as president and chief executive, which came after former CEO Mark Bristow’s departure last year. Hill had stepped into the job on an interim basis.
The miner plans to spin off a subsidiary holding its North American gold assets in an upcoming IPO.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published March 11, 2026.