Second man arrested for shooting

Advertisement

Advertise with us

Winnipeg police have arrested a second man in relation to the shooting of a 50-year-old man at a Sherbrook Street suite last week.

Read this article for free:

or

Already have an account? Log in here »

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Monthly Digital Subscription

$0 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*No charge for 4 weeks then price increases to the regular rate of $19.00 plus GST every four weeks. Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.

Monthly Digital Subscription

$4.75/week*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*Billed as $19 plus GST every four weeks. Cancel any time.

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles
Start now

No thanks

*Your next subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $16.99 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $23.99 plus GST every four weeks.

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 05/10/2022 (1152 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

Winnipeg police have arrested a second man in relation to the shooting of a 50-year-old man at a Sherbrook Street suite last week.

Officers were called to the 400 block of Sherbrook Thursday afternoon after a group had forced their way into the suite, sprayed the victim with bear mace and shot him, police said.

Early Monday, police arrested a man on the 1400 block of Alexander Avenue after receiving a report about a gun being inside a home.

Norman Leonard Thompson, 20, of Winnipeg, was charged with aggravated assault and detained.

The first suspect was arrested a short time after the shooting.

A man had forced forced his way into a home on the first 100 block of Westgrove Way Sept. 29. He pointed his gun at a woman and several people, including children, and sprayed them with bear repellent.

Damian James Tod, 18, of Winnipeg, was charged with aggravated assault, weapon offences and break and enter. He was detained.

In the Alexander Avenue incident, a second man and a woman were arrested and a sawed-off .22-calibre rifle was seized.

A 17-year-old male from Winnipeg was charged with four weapons offences and one count of robbery, which is connected to an unrelated carjacking in May in Daniel McIntyre, police said.

— Staff

Report Error Submit a Tip

Local

LOAD MORE