The following is a list of volunteer opportunities for Winnipeg and surrounding areas. For more information about these listings, please contact the organization directly. Volunteer Manitoba does not place volunteers with organizations, but we can assist you in finding a volunteer opportunity! To learn more about our programs and services, please visit volunteermanitoba.ca or call 204-477-5180.
● The board of directors for Klinic Community Health is currently recruiting a volunteer board member starting in January 2019 who is interested in being mentored into the role of secretary/treasurer of the board. For more information on Klinic, please visit our website at klinic.mb.ca or contact email@example.com with questions or to apply to our board of directors by submitting a CV.
● The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program requires volunteers who are bilingual in French and English to prepare simple income tax returns. Volunteers should have some experience preparing tax returns, be computer literate, enjoy meeting people from diverse backgrounds and able to work one 5½-hour shift on Thursdays in March and April. Training provided. Please contact Diane Isaac, co-ordinator of volunteers, at 204-989-1912.
● The Society for Manitobans with Disabilities is in need of volunteers to do phone calls to past lottery buyers that haven’t purchased tickets yet and remind them about the final order deadline. Volunteers will be provided with a script and a list of names and phone numbers to call. To apply, please visit smd.mb.ca.
● The Royal Aviation Museum is seeking volunteers for the following positions: gift shop, admissions desk and hangar monitor (all days) and for the library and archives departments during the week. For more information, please contact 204-786-5503 or visit royalaviationmuseum.com.
● Minds in Motion® offers exercise, socialization and mentally stimulating games for people with dementia to enjoy with a family member or friend. This unique program, offered in 10 Winnipeg and regional communities, is looking to add to its team for winter 2018. Please visit alzheimer.mb.ca or call Maria at 204-943-6622.