Tottenham’s Son to be quarantined upon return from Korea
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 28/02/2020 (2363 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
LONDON – Son Heung-min will spend some time away from the Tottenham squad once he returns from having surgery in South Korea as a precaution in relation to the virus outbreak.
Son underwent an operation on his broken arm in Seoul last week and is coming back to England “very soon,” Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho said Friday.
“He will have to follow some safety protocol,” Mourinho added.
The latest figures reported by South Korea’s health authority showed the country has more than 2,300 cases of the rapidly spreading virus, with 16 deaths.
Mourinho said he hopes to have Son back for “some matches” by the end of the season.
The same applies to Harry Kane, who appears to be ahead of schedule on his return from a hamstring injury. There were fears he could miss the rest of the season, and maybe the European Championship for England.
“It gives me a hope that instead of (being fit for) one or two matches, (he could play) three, four, five,” Mourinho said of Kane. “Just speculating a bit, the feelings are good. He is doing what he can do at this stage but always with a good feeling. Everything is going well.”
Mourinho has been bemoaning the loss of Son and Kane in recent weeks as Tottenham battles to qualify for next season’s Champions League.
___
More AP soccer https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports