RSL will cut salaries, some employees will be furloughed
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 07/04/2020 (2326 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
SALT LAKE CITY – Real Salt Lake has announced it will cut the salaries of some employees and furlough others while play is suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The team said in a statement that it will reduce salaries of all executives and staff, and decrease staffing levels across the organization, which includes furloughs for some employees.
RSL said it would re-staff once the league returns. Major League Soccer suspended all play on March 12.
“We have been informed that the Federal CARES program will not be available to the organization. As a result, we are forced to adapt and align our workforce appropriately to face these new challenges and difficult circumstances,” the team said in the statement, referring to the federal coronavirus relief program.
The league announced last week that it was cutting the salaries of its top three executives, including Commissioner Don Garber, by 25%, while also reducing management and other staff pay. But MLS planned no layoffs or furloughs at the league’s headquarters in New York.