Atlético says 4 positive tests confirmed in women’s team

Advertisement

Advertise with us

MADRID - Four members of Atlético Madrid's women's soccer team have tested positive for the coronavirus 10 days before its quarterfinal match against Barcelona in the Champions League.

Read this article for free:


or

Already have an account? Log in here »

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Subscribe and receive a limited-edition Free Press branded hat or tote.

Digital Subscription

One year of digital access for only $205*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles
Start now

*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 12/08/2020 (2197 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

MADRID – Four members of Atlético Madrid’s women’s soccer team have tested positive for the coronavirus 10 days before its quarterfinal match against Barcelona in the Champions League.

The team said late Tuesday that the results came back positive after players, coaches and other team members underwent new tests in recent days. They were needed after a positive result within the club was reported on Friday.

That positive result last week had prompted Atlético to suspend all training activities and confine its players and coaches. The team said its activities will remain suspended.

Two women wearing face masks pass by a giant poster of Atletico Madrid soccer players at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium in Madrid, Spain, Tuesday, May 5, 2020. The Spanish soccer league aims to restart in June without spectators. It's new compulsory protocols say all players, coaches and club employees must be tested for COVID-19 before training resumes, then regularly after that. All clubs' training facilities must be properly prepared and disinfected before players can start practising individually. (AP Photo/Paul White)
Two women wearing face masks pass by a giant poster of Atletico Madrid soccer players at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium in Madrid, Spain, Tuesday, May 5, 2020. The Spanish soccer league aims to restart in June without spectators. It's new compulsory protocols say all players, coaches and club employees must be tested for COVID-19 before training resumes, then regularly after that. All clubs' training facilities must be properly prepared and disinfected before players can start practising individually. (AP Photo/Paul White)

Atlético said the infected members of the club do not show symptoms of COVID-19 and are isolated in their homes. They will be tested again in the coming days.

___

More AP soccer https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

Report Error Submit a Tip

Soccer

LOAD SOCCER ARTICLES