Bayern forward Gnabry available after negative virus results

Advertisement

Advertise with us

MUNICH - Bayern Munich can count on Serge Gnabry again after the Germany forward tested negative for the coronavirus.

Read this article for free:


or

Already have an account? Log in here »

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Subscribe and receive a limited-edition Free Press branded hat or tote.

Digital Subscription

One year of digital access for only $205*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles
Start now

*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 25/10/2020 (2123 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

MUNICH – Bayern Munich can count on Serge Gnabry again after the Germany forward tested negative for the coronavirus.

Gnabry tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday and had been quarantining at home. Bayern said the 25-year-old was tested every day since and had produced negative results each time before antigen tests on Saturday and Sunday “also came back negative.”

“The Munich health department has therefore concluded that the PCR test last Tuesday was a false positive and has lifted the isolation measures,” Bayern said Sunday.

Germany's Serge Gnabry, right, and Switzerland's Granit Xhaka battle for the ball during the UEFA Nations League soccer match between Germany and Switzerland in Cologne, Germany, Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner)
Germany's Serge Gnabry, right, and Switzerland's Granit Xhaka battle for the ball during the UEFA Nations League soccer match between Germany and Switzerland in Cologne, Germany, Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner)

Gnabry missed Bayern’s 4-0 win over Atlético Madrid in their Champions League opener on Wednesday and the team’s 5-0 rout of Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga on Saturday.

He had started each of the team’s four Bundesliga games before that, scoring a hat trick in the season-opening 8-0 rout of Schalke.

Gnabry was set to rejoin the rest of the squad ahead of its Champions League match at Lokomotiv Moscow on Tuesday.

___

More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

Report Error Submit a Tip

Soccer

LOAD SOCCER ARTICLES