Former soccer executive charged with sexually abusing minor
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 12/11/2021 (1742 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
MADRID (AP) — Public prosecutors in Spain have charged a former president of Valencia soccer club with sexually abusing a minor, local media reported Friday.
According to news agency Europa Press, prosecutors have accused Pedro Cortés of sexually abusing an underage member of the club’s youth teams last year. They are seeking a two-year prison sentence.
Prosecutors said Cortés, who was president of Valencia from 1997-2001, touched the player in an inappropriate fashion while driving in his car. They said Cortés knew the youth after the player’s family hired a company run by the soccer official’s son to represent him.
Cortés has denied the charges.
When the first accusation was made by the player’s family, Valencia’s training academy issued a statement saying that it was “accompanying our player and the family” and would “strengthen our measures to protect the wellbeing of all members of Valencia CF.”
___
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports