‘Person in distress’ closes northbound St. James Bridge

Advertisement

Advertise with us

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 06/10/2025 (224 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

The northbound lanes of the St. James Bridge were closed through much of the Monday morning rush hour as police responded to a “person in distress” in the area.

City of Winnipeg traffic officials said on social media the bridge began to reopen shortly after 8:30 a.m., but delays were still expected on northbound Kenaston Boulevard.

A Winnipeg Police Service spokeswoman said officers were called to the bridge at about 5:45 a.m. about the individual.

The southbound turnoff from the bridge onto Academy Road had previously flooded on Sunday afternoon after the weekend’s heavy rain.

Report Error Submit a Tip

LOAD THIS JUST IN ARTICLES