UCF says WR Xavier Townsend and 4 others are redshirting and planning to transfer
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 05/10/2024 (685 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — UCF receiver Xavier Townsend and four teammates are redshirting and planning to enter the transfer portal.
The school confirmed their decisions before the team’s Saturday night road game at Florida. Defensive end Kaven Call, right tackle Wes Dorsey and safeties Bryon Threats and William Wells joined Townsend in choosing to opt out after UCF’s first four games.
Townsend, a junior from Tampa, has 10 catches for 69 yards and a touchdown. He was the lone starter among the group.
The Knights (3-1), coming off a 48-21 loss to Colorado, also said kicker Colton Boomer has an undisclosed injury and didn’t make the trip north. Grant Reddick is filling in and wearing No. 33, which previously belonged to Call.
Under NCAA rules, players can play up to four regular-season games without counting toward their four years of eligibility. So all five players can officially enter the transfer portal on Dec. 9 and land elsewhere. They would be allowed to join their next teams for bowl practices but wouldn’t be eligible until 2025.
___
Get poll alerts and updates on the AP Top 25 throughout the season. Sign up here. AP college football: https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll and https://apnews.com/hub/college-football