Woman found after stolen vehicle fleeing police goes into North Saskatchewan River
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
PRINCE ALBERT – The search for a woman who police say was in a stolen vehicle that entered the North Saskatchewan River has ended with her being found safe.
Police say the vehicle was taken at gunpoint in Prince Albert, Sask., early Thursday and that responding officers attempted to stop it.
They say there was a chase and the vehicle went into the river.
A 22-year-old woman believed to be the driver, who was later found on the riverbank, was taken to hospital with minor injuries and arrested.
A search was underway for a second woman who had been in the vehicle.
Police say the 27-year old was found away from the river and wasn’t injured.
Police had said Saskatchewan’s police watchdog would be investigating. Later Thursday, they said the threshold for an investigation hadn’t been met and the Serious Incident Response Team was no longer involved.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 11, 2026.