Son to undertake military service during EPL suspension
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 06/04/2020 (2327 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
LONDON – Tottenham forward Heung-min Son will undertake mandatory military service in his native South Korea while the English Premier League is suspended indefinitely because of the coronavirus outbreak, the club said on Monday.
Son will begin military service this month, Tottenham said, and return to London in May.
Son is in quarantine in South Korea after returning to his home country while he recovered from a broken arm he sustained during a league game against Aston Villa on Feb. 16.
The Premier League said last week that play will not be able to resume by the start of May amid the pandemic and that the season will restart only when it is “safe and appropriate to do so.”
___
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports