Thomas Müller extends contract at Bayern Munich
Advertisement
Read this article for free:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Digital Subscription
One year of digital access for only $205*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional
$1 for the first 4 weeks*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.
Read unlimited articles for free today:
or
Already have an account? Log in here »
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 07/04/2020 (2326 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
MUNICH – Thomas Müller signed a two-year contract extension with Bayern Munich, the German champions said Tuesday.
The 30-year-old attacking midfielder’s contract had been due to expire at the end of next season but he is now tied to the team until 2023.
Müller has been with Bayern for 20 years, winning eight German titles and the 2013 Champions League, and marked his 500th senior game for the club in November.
“I’ve been with FC Bayern for a good two-thirds of my life now, so you can’t say that the club and I are just along for the ride — we fight for each other,” Müller said in a statement. “This club is not just any old employer for me. It’s my passion. I’m happy that I’ll be here for two extra years, and I’ll give everything on and off the pitch.”
The announcement comes four days after Bayern coach Hansi Flick signed an extension through 2023.
Müller has played every league game for Bayern this season but hasn’t represented the German national team since coach Joachim Löw said in March 2019 that Müller was no longer in his plans.
There could be another change at Bayern after Flick said he had spoken with Miroslav Klose about becoming his assistant.
Klose, the all-time record scorer at the World Cup with 16 goals, is currently coach of Bayern’s under-17 team.
“I think that he would be an asset to our coaching team,” the dpa news agency quoted Flick as saying.
However, Flick added that he still planned to speak with other possible candidates.
___
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports