Four Manitoba teams to compete at Scotties
Read this article for free:
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Monthly Digital Subscription
$4.75 per week*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Billed as $19.00 plus GST every four weeks. Cancel anytime.
The field is set for the 2023 Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Kamloops, B.C.
The 18-team event, which runs Feb. 17-26, features four Manitoba rinks as Kerri Einarson (Canada), Jennifer Jones (Manitoba), Kaitlyn Lawes (Wild Card 1) and Meghan Walter, who has taken over skip duties from Abby Ackland (Wild Card 3), will vie for the national title.
Curling Canada revealed the full field, and the two round-robin pools, on Tuesday after seven provincial championships were decided this past weekend.
1. Team Canada, Kerri Einarson
4. Wild Card 1, Kaitlyn Lawes
5. British Columbia, Clancy Grandy
8. Nova Scotia, Christina Black
9. Alberta, Kayla Skrlik
12. Prince Edward Island, Marie Christianson
13. Saskatchewan, Robyn Silvernagle
16. Quebec, Laurie St-Georges
17. Nunavut, Brigitte MacPhail
2. Ontario, Tracy Fleury/Rachel Homan
3. Manitoba, Jennifer Jones
6. Wild Card 2, Casey Scheidegger
7. Wild Card 3, Meghan Walter
10. New Brunswick, Andrea Kelly
11. Northwest Territories, Kerry Galusha
14. Northern Ontario, Krista McCarville
15. Newfoundland & Labrador, Stacie Curtis
18. Yukon, Hailey Birnie
Eighteen years old and still in high school, Taylor got his start with the Free Press on June 1, 2011. Well, sort of...