Senior leaders of Edmonton-based infantry battalion reinstated after investigation

Advertisement

Advertise with us

EDMONTON - The Department of National Defence has reinstated two leaders of a respected Edmonton battalion days after announcing they had been removed pending an investigation.

Read this article for free:


or

Already have an account? Log in here »

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Subscribe and receive a limited-edition Free Press branded hat or tote.

Digital Subscription

One year of digital access for only $205*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles

*First annual payment billed as $205.00 + GST for one year. This annual subscription will automatically renew at $233.00 + GST every 52 weeks (10% off the regular annual price of $259.35). Offer available to new and qualified returning subscribers only. Cancel any time.

To continue reading, please subscribe:

Add Free Press access to your Brandon Sun subscription for only an additional

$1 for the first 4 weeks*

  • Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
  • Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
  • Access News Break, our award-winning app
  • Play interactive puzzles
Start now

*Your next Brandon Sun subscription payment will increase by $1.00 and you will be charged $17.95 plus GST for four weeks. After four weeks, your payment will increase to $24.95 plus GST every four weeks.

EDMONTON – The Department of National Defence has reinstated two leaders of a respected Edmonton battalion days after announcing they had been removed pending an investigation.

A Defence Department spokesperson says Lt.-Col. Jason Hudson and Chief Warrant Officer Kim Doerr are again commanding officers of the 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry.

The department had announced their removal on Tuesday.

The facade of the headquarters of the Department of National Defence is pictured in Ottawa, on April 3, 2013. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld
The facade of the headquarters of the Department of National Defence is pictured in Ottawa, on April 3, 2013. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld

The spokesperson says there was a thorough investigation and that senior army leaders have confidence in the abilities of Hudson and Doerr to continue leading the unit.

No details about what lead to their removal were shared, but the spokesperson says appropriate disciplinary measures are being taken.

The spokesperson says Armed Forces leaders are expected to demonstrate good judgment and conduct to maintain the trust of the soldiers they lead.

 This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 26, 2026.

Report Error Submit a Tip

Canada

LOAD CANADA ARTICLES