Player Profile: Up close and personal with… Bryan Little
Read this article for free:
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe with this special offer:
All-Access Digital Subscription
$4.75 per week*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Pay $19.00 every four weeks. GST will be added to each payment. Subscription can be cancelled anytime.
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/08/2011 (4174 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The rookies will gather in Penticton, B.C., on Sept. 11 and the main camp opens Sept. 17.
The Winnipeg Jets are gearing up for their return to the NHL and opening night vs. the Montreal Canadiens Oct. 9 at the MTS Centre. During the next few weeks, we will provide you with an up-close look at some of the players who are expected to be in the team’s lineup when it hits the ice against the legendary Habs.
18 BRYAN LITTLE
BORN: November 12, 1987 (Age 23)
BIRTHPLACE: Edmonton, Alta.
ACQUIRED: Selected by Atlanta in the first round, 12th overall, of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft
- Centred the Thrashers’ top line in the second half of last season with Blake Wheeler and Andrew Ladd on the wings
- Made his NHL debut on Oct. 5, 2007 and became the first Thrasher to score in his first game
- Held the Barrie Colts career records for goals, assists and points when he finished his junior career
- Two favourite hockey memories are winning gold for Canada at the 2007 World Junior Hockey Championships and the 2008 Calder Cup with the Chicago Wolves
- Wore No. 10 in Atlanta, but has opted to switch to No. 18 in Winnipeg out of respect for Dale Hawerchuk
TRANSACTIONS: Drafted 12th in 2006, just ahead of the Leafs grabbing Jiri Tlusty. The same year, Jonathan Toews went third overall after Erik Johnson (St. Louis) and Jordan Staal (Pittsburgh).