Three stars and notes
Read this article for free:
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Monthly Digital Subscription
$4.75 per week*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Billed as $19.00 plus GST every four weeks. Cancel anytime.
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 17/12/2013 (3450 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Free Press Three Stars
1. Mark Scheifele, Jets. Fourth goal of the season, third straight game with a point; rookie continues to make more plays and impact.
2. Evander Kane, Jets. Instant contribution off the injury list helped the team over the hump on Monday.
3. Mark Stuart, Jets. He was very solid in his 16:13 on Monday, one of the reasons goalie Al Montoya was not all that busy.
Bogo A GO SOON:
Jets defenceman Zach Bogosian has now missed 14 games with his groin strain but was back with his teammates in full practice mode on Monday. He’s unlikely to be in tonight in Buffalo but his return is finally not too far away. “A groin injury takes a little bit of time but it definitely feels a lot better,” Bogosian said Monday. “And it’s better to skate with the team than by yourself. Now it’s trying to get my legs back under me.”
Matt Halischuk had surgery on Sunday to repair the broken bone in his arm suffered Saturday against Dallas. Jets coach Claude Noel said Monday the left-winger is out long term.
“Indefinite,” Noel said. “A ways away. And not a week or two.”
It could well wind up being a couple of months before Halischuk is back in game action.