Lukes landslide in Waverley West
Read this article for free:
Already have an account? Log in here »
To continue reading, please subscribe:
Monthly Digital Subscription
$4.75 per week*
- Enjoy unlimited reading on winnipegfreepress.com
- Read the E-Edition, our digital replica newspaper
- Access News Break, our award-winning app
- Play interactive puzzles
*Billed as $19.00 plus GST every four weeks. Cancel anytime.
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 26/10/2022 (226 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Janice Lukes will return to the council chamber for a third term representing Waverley West.
Lukes took 81 per cent of the southwest Winnipeg ward’s votes, leaving contender Pascal Scott with just 19 per cent.
Lukes was originally elected in the former Winnipeg South-St. Norbert ward before it became Waverley West. In 2018, she was acclaimed to council.
She has sat on the property and development committee and the innovation and economic development committee.
Her priorities in this election involve seeing through the development of a new recreation centre, a project for which she helped secure $90 million in provincial and federal funding. She also plans to address crime, homelessness, addictions and strategic investments in roads.
This was challenger Pascal Scott’s first run at civic politics.
— With files from Cody Sellar
Updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 10:28 PM CDT: Updates results